Reclaimed. Restored. Re-Imagined.
In 1912, the Medicine Hat Brewing Company began serving old-fashioned lager, ale, and stout to our city’s early—and thirsty—residents. When the Temperance Movement picked up, this popular brewery, one of the Hat’s first, was forced to close.
But you can’t keep a good thing down. Over a century later, the Medicine Hat Brewing Company name has been dusted off to once again serve timeless craft beer.
Provinces that serve MH Brew Co. BEERS
Taps of Timeless Craft Beer available
Tons of AB grain brewed annually
Our brewery pairs a commitment to tradition with innovative, modern-day brewing techniques. Since great beer begins with great ingredients, we source almost all our malt from Alberta farmers, whose malting and kilning extracts as much colour, flavour, and complexity as possible, resulting in the beers Canadians love.
Creating a Better Future
We’re proud to be leading the way to a more sustainable future, reusing water through our water treatment system and donating our spent grain to local cattle farmers. By sourcing our high-quality ingredients locally, we support small businesses in our community while helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- 2019 – Medicine Hat Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year
- 2019 – Medicine Hat Chamber of Commerce – Marketing Award
- 2019 – Medicine Hat Chamber of Commerce – Award of Excellence
- 2018 – Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous Cask Fest Winner
- 2018 – Real Ales Cask Fest Winner
- 2017 – Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous Cask Fest Winner
- 2017 – Real Ales Cask Fest Winner